Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Finally, a state that won't make fun of my accent.

This coming Friday I'm off to the great state of North Carolina. Home of the Tarheels, the Demon Deacons, some trees, um, and some ocean frontage. Sounds pretty good. It's an upgrade from the past two states I've visited. It's a whirlwind tour of NC, fly in Friday morning, fly out Saturday evening. The problem is this...my flight leaves at 6:50 AM. Even if I lived next door to the airport I'd still have a hard time getting there in time, and I don't live anywhere near there. Lucky me, I live about two and a half hours from DFW. Factor in at least an hour to make it through the security checks (I'm not complaining), I'm looking at having to wake up at 2:00 AM to make it there on time. Why have a flight at 6:50? Who needs to be anywhere at that time? Why not just say 7:00...it sounds so much later. At least give me the illusion that I'm not going to have to wake up at the crack of dawn. I'm in for a long day when I do arrive in NC...long night, and not a good long night, a night of work. On a positive note, no one there will notice my Texas drawl. I've talked on the phone with Carolinans(?) and have found that they sound more backwoods than I do. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I tend to trust people who take longer to say something, makes me feel like they're not trying to slip something in on me. Fast talking just doesn't do it for me, I think english is the language for slow talking people. Look at spanish. That language is spoken at mach 10, I took four years of it, and I can't understand anything a spanish person tells me. Just too fast. Anyway...worthless post here. Just felt like I should throw some junk on here. Mission Accomplished. Later.

No comments: