Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Vote (or don't complain about who wins)

Well today is November 2nd. I have my voter registration card, know which precinct I'm voting in, all I need to do now is go to the polls. I couldn't be happier that today is the end of the presidential race. If anyone else out there is like me, you've decided who you're voting for months before the actual election. So you have to sit for months listening to the other candidate talk about why he's better, what he'd do differently, and which rock star will join him on stage at a rally. It's a circus. I'm growing weary of the constant beating that the national media doles out. I'm a Republican, or Conservative, and anyone else associated with our party should be outraged at the level of media bias in this years election. Forged documents, phantom missing explosives, and amazingly enough, everyone saying that the race is a "dead heat". Does anyone wonder if it would actually be close if ABC/NBC/CNN/FOX would quit saying it was? I never noticed before I graduated, but almost all of the media directed at the youth has a liberal angle. The Mtv crowd will almost assuredly vote democratic. Why? Because for their whole lives they've depended on TV and movies. If an actor/entertainer is for Kerry, why shouldn't I be? This election has left me jaded to no end. All I can hope for is that there will be enough people with the common sense and moral stability to vote their conscience. If I've learned anything through my time studying politics it's this: Every polititian, no matter what seat they're running for, will stretch the truth. They'll promise you things that can't possibly happen, they'll all tell you that voting for them will lead your town/county/state/nation to the promised land. Our job, as Americans, is to vote for the PERSON more than the promises. That's why I'm voting Bush. Not because he says the economy will get better, not because he says education will get better, not even because he says that he'll track down any person or country looking to do our great Nation harm, but because I believe he's the better man. He speaks his heart, a rare attribute in polititians today. Good or bad, you'll know what he's thinking. You don't have to agree with everything he says, that's the beauty of living in America, but I ask that you don't vote Kerry just to vote against Bush. Think about it. Are we safer now than we were four years ago? I believe so. Is the economy on the rise? I believe so. So what else is there to question? Either way, everyone who's REGISTERED, everyone who's A LEGAL CITIZEN, everyone WHO UNDERSTANDS HOW TO USE THE BALLOT should vote...ONCE. So, that's my rant for the morning, let all two people who read it take it to heart. Tomorrow mornings post will be either a celebration, or a piece on how idiots continue to multiply in America. Have a great day...GO VOTE.

No comments: